Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Catching Up

ONE FLOWER BED DONE!

I've learned some interesting lessons this past month about being patient and tempering my perspective. At the end of April, I came down with the flu that turned into pneumonia. For the past four weeks at the height of spring garden preparation, I have been virtually incapacitated both in gardening, blogging and working. For some reason my mind did not work very well when I could not breath. It has been frustrating at times but mostly it's taught me a good lesson in patience and acceptance. All things will happen in good time (or not).

We've had some perfect garden WOOs (Window of Opportunity) as Carol of May Dreams Gardens addressed in her Garden WOO blog last Sunday. But I've just had to ignore them. Although my whole yard should look great by now with little or no weeds and the vegetable garden planted, I am thrilled that I got one half of one flower bed done! I admit this is a project I started before I got sick but I was finally able to finish it up in little bits and pieces over the Memorial Day weekend.

THESE ARE THE BEFORE PICTURES
Can you tell there's Heather and Ornamental Grasses in there somewhere?


I appreciate having help from Ralph along the way. He's a great compost spreader! Reading gardening blogs has helped me feel 'in the loop'. I'm looking forward to catching up but will do it slowly. Fortunately, we live in the country so if it doesn't all get done, we can just say we've decided to go back to nature this year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, pneumonia! I am glad you are feeling a bit better. That is some nasty stuff.